Skip to main content

Frozen Doggie Pops


Like any fur baby parent, I love to spoil my babies. My dog, Gracie Belle, loves treats. While I do feed her store bought treats, I prefer to feed her homemade DIY treats. The benefit of feeding your fur babies homemade treats are:
  • no mystery ingredients
  • no added chemicals or preservatives
  • healthy and wholesome ingredients 

Making homemade DIY doggie treats is both fun and fulfilling; you get to have fun preparing them and can feel good about what you are feeding your babies! Here is my all time favorite treat recipe:

Frozen Doggie Pops


Ingredients



One cup of mixed vegetables
Unsalted beef or chicken broth
Ice cube tray

Instructions



Evenly place mixed vegetables throughout the ice cube tray.





Fill the ice cube tray the rest of the way with broth.


Place in freezer and freeze for three hours.

Feed to your fur baby!



Comments

  1. This is a great idea! I have never thought about home making my dogs treats and they sound yummy!

    I know my dog loves broth though I'm not sure he would like some of the veggies, do you change what types that you use for your dog that you know he/she doesn't like?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Laundry Soap

Have you ever wished you could be in complete control of how your clothes smell and feel after a fresh wash? Well, that is exactly what I was thinking when I started my DIY laundry soap journey a year ago. I have been making homemade laundry soap for just over a year, and I am never going back! Through trial and error, I have come up with a laundry soap recipe that my family and I love. When I run out and have to use store bought detergent for a few days, my family definitely notices (and complains loudly)! Here is my top recipe that I use to make DYI laundry soap: Ingredients Four pounds Borax Four pounds Baking Soda 56 ounces Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda 35.2 ounces Zote Laundry Flake Three pounds Oxi Clean 48 ounces Scent Crystals Sealed storage container Instructions Layer ingredients into storage container and mix thoroughly. Transfer soap into empty scent crystal container for easy use. Usage Instructions Hot Water: For a smal...

DIY Cat Toy

So, if you are like me, your fur babies love toys! My two cats love their toys, especially the ones with ribbon. A month ago, I noticed that they seemed bored with their normal toys. Like any good fur baby mom, I went into action.  A late night trip to Dollar Tree later, I had all the supplies to make a homemade cat toy. I hope you and your fur babies enjoy this tutorial: Supplies Hot glue gun and glue sticks Ribbon Pom-poms Plastic wand (anytime of stick like object works!) Bingo-stamper cap  Instructions Cut six 8-inch steps of ribbon. Cut one end of all six ribbons into a tapered triangle. Place hot glue in center if bingo-stamper cap. Place tapered ends of ribbon into cap in a star pattern. Compress glue and ribbon with the end of a hot glue stick Let dry for 5 minutes.  Cut ends of three ribbons into small frayed strips. Cut three pom-poms to create a slit in the middle. Glue pom-poms the ends of the three remaining ribbons ...

Southern Style Wontons

Does anyone have that one food that they grew up with that is still a favorite of theirs? Mine is my late grandmother's Southern Style Wontons. I say southern style because they are not the typical wontons that you would get at an Asian restaurant. They are simpler, easier, and little more "anything goes". My grandmother was a cook that never measured anything and threw everything and the kitchen sink into her food. I spent my childhood cooking with her and still think of her every time I make a meal. With no further introduction, here are my grandma's famous Southern Style Wontons: Ingredients Two crowns of broccoli  One small head of cabbage One package of wonton wrappers Soy sauce One stick margarine  or butter Garlic Powder Onion Powder Step One Wash broccoli. Trim excess stem from broccoli crowns and chop into individual miniature crowns. Step Two Place broccoli in water and boil on medium to high heat until te...