Skip to main content

DIY Cat Toy

So, if you are like me, your fur babies love toys! My two cats love their toys, especially the ones with ribbon. A month ago, I noticed that they seemed bored with their normal toys. Like any good fur baby mom, I went into action.  A late night trip to Dollar Tree later, I had all the supplies to make a homemade cat toy. I hope you and your fur babies enjoy this tutorial:

Supplies

Hot glue gun and glue sticks
Ribbon
Pom-poms
Plastic wand (anytime of stick like object works!)
Bingo-stamper cap 

Instructions

Cut six 8-inch steps of ribbon.
Cut one end of all six ribbons into a tapered triangle.
Place hot glue in center if bingo-stamper cap.
Place tapered ends of ribbon into cap in a star pattern.
Compress glue and ribbon with the end of a hot glue stick
Let dry for 5 minutes. 

Cut ends of three ribbons into small frayed strips.
Cut three pom-poms to create a slit in the middle.
Glue pom-poms the ends of the three remaining ribbons by placing glue and ribbon in the pom-pom slit. 

Cut decoration of plastic wand.

Take end of bingo-stamper cap and cut the tip off with a box knife.
Re-melt the hot glue in the end of the cap with the tip of the hot glue gun.
Place tip of the plastic wand stick in the newly created space.
Add hot glue until secure.
Take end of left over ribbon and attached to the top of the wand stick.
Wind ribbon around stick.
Secure with hot glue at the end of the stick.
Cut off excess ribbon.



Have fun creating and playing with your fur baby!




Comments

  1. This was a super simple tutorial. I found it really easy to follow, which is odd because I have never been very artsy. I also really enjoyed this because I love animals, but I find it hard to buy gifts for all my fur babies with a limited budget.

    I think this would also be great to use for a project for a shelter! You could easily make a few of these for your local rescue. I know the kitties would really enjoy something homemade with love.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment